Before you make that next career move, you should know where you’re headed and do some career planning. Map out your career and personal goals and make sure that the two complement each other, rather than conflict with each other. Working with The Sales and Marketing Recruiter™ can help you reach your goals more quickly and also help you to identify career planning resources. Here are four steps for doing so:
- Determine your long-term goals.
- Why are you in your current field?
- Are your talents and personality traits utilized?
- Do you consider continued education and training to be priorities?
- Think about the consequences.Don’t make career decisions alone. Be sure that your family is supportive of your choices. By having their support, you’ll be able to move faster when an offer is made.
- Manage your own career.
Between where you are now in your career and where you want to be is a world of uncertainty. However, it doesn’t have to be that way. Take control of your career. You know where you want to go. Take action to get yourself there.
- Take a fresh look at your skills.Things change rapidly in today’s economy. Make sure that your skills are cutting-edge. Research career enhancement opportunities that may exist in your industry through associations or training organizations.